Friday, September 18, 2009

Developing a Poetry Habit

Over at High Calling Blogs today, the Random Act of Poetry feature is about developing a habit of reading (and perhaps writing) poetry. And there are links to several delightfully beautiful poems, including:

I told L.L. Barkat (managing editor of the High Calling Blogs) that this poetry "thing" of mine is starting to get serious. I have two more that I've finished and that I'll be posting next week, both with a kind of "vegetable" flavor to them -- one on a tomato plant and one on corn fields. It's hard to imagine writing a poem about a tomato plant, but that's what I've done -- a tomato plant that started growing all on its own, in the most inhospitable place in our yard, and now looks like a jungle.

Such are the things that inspire poets.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Yay! A poem about tomatoes. I look forward to it. :0

Anonymous said...

i like corn fields, having been raised in southern illinois, i use to play in them as a kid.