Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday Good Reads



This was the week a pope resigned – the first time in almost 600 years.

It put me (and others) in mind of leadership.

U.K. PR/Social media guru Neville Hobson took a look at leadership principles from General Electric – and found six dimensions of leadership that (interestingly enough) apply to social media as well.

My friend Jim Wood (aka the Shrinking Camel) posted on determining your spiritual leadership profile.

Michelle DeRusha at Graceful went in another direction – and suggested looking at the pope’s announcement by listening with the eyes of your heart.

My friend J of India (at Neither Use Nor Ornament) has been posting a series of photos that could illustrate the problems of leadership – being between a rock and a hard place. My favorite (so far) is #2.

It was also the week for Valentine’s Day, and I think my favorite post on the subject was David Rupert’s “Love is like a fun-house mirror.”

I also saw a number of posts about what it’s like not having someone to send a valentine to. The word, in short, is lonely. “Passing Time” by pianist Paul Cardell captures that beautifully:




Photograph at top by George Hodan via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Nice roundup, Glynn.