Thursday, December 5, 2013

Some Overwhelming Words About “Poetry at Work”


L.L. Barkat has posted an article about Poetry at Work, my brand-new book (so brand-new I’m rather impatiently waiting for my copies to arrive).

She calls it a “life-changing book.”

“Someone will say I am biased,” she writes. “After all, I represent the publisher. Plus, once the writer and editor did their amazing work, it was me who did the final quiet edits and changes (now you know who to blame for a handful of errors, if you were one of the two people who managed to order the book while it was secretly sitting on Amazon waiting for my final, final changes).

“But, if you know me, you know I don’t bother to say what I don’t believe is true.”

I’m sitting here at home, suffering through what may be the worst cold I’ve had in a decade, so I can blame the teary eyes on that.

All I can say is "Thank you. Thank you  for believing we could do a book like this."

You can read the whole article at Tweetspeak Poetry.

5 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes. And it happened. so beautifully :)

S. Etole said...

If I had a Christmas wish list, this would be on it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have a bad cold.
Take very good care.
I did the one click amazon thingie.


jasonS said...

Awesome! Sorry to hear about your cold though. Feel better, Glynn!

diana said...

My copy arrived today. Hoping to dig in soon. Congrats to you, Glynn, and to TSP for putting it all together.