Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It’s Poetry at Work Day!


I wrote the book Poetry at Work because I unexpectedly discovered that the workplace, and the work that happens there, is shot through with poetry.

This didn’t happen early in my career; in fact, it was some three to four years ago, during a particularly bad point in my work. I was sitting in one of those regular weekly meetings, hearing many of the same things you hear repeatedly at regular weekly meetings, and trying not to yawn my boredom. And suddenly I heard poetry like one hears as unexpected byt welcome, and familiar, piece of music.

To continue reading, and to learn all the details about Poetry at Work Day, please see my post today at Tweetspeak Poetry.


Photograph by x posid via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

No comments: