Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Writing to Make Faith Attractive


It showed up as a comment on a blog post, and it stopped me in my tracks.

“Whatever your plan is...I do hope you continue this series of books. May God direct your thoughts and plans with His plan. I loaned the books to a friend of mine to read, and her comment was after reading the first one (Dancing Priest), ‘If I wasn't already a Christian, this book would make me want to be one.’ That is a powerful testimony. Keep writing. There is power in the written word when it directed by God.”

A comment like that leaves you surprised, almost shocked, humble, and then almost fearful.


You ask yourself, “What is it I’m doing here?”

To continue reading, please see my post at Christian Poets & Writers.

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You just stopped me in MY tracks...I recognized my comment, and just had to bow and pray and say, Thank You, Lord, that You speak through Your servants in ways that we may not always comprehend or acknowledge. It's kind of like God's Word being spoken, and not returning void...It accomplishes that for which it was sent...(Isaiah 55:11)...and when we write for God's Glory, regardless of the subject matter...He will take that which is offered in faith to honor Him, and He will accomplish that which He intended all along... What you are doing here is serious business...it has an impact for good in this world...and our world is in great need of that good. Carry on with what God is speaking to your heart. It will not return to Him void.