Friday, January 8, 2021

A Predictive Manuscript?


My wife has told me that the Dancing Priest novels can sometimes feel creepy because, well, I write the story, and some of things, or similar things, happen in real life. Not long ago, I wrote a post about something specific that happened after Dancing Prophet was published, but there are examples from all five of the books. 

She has what I think is a good explanation for this. My reading ranges all over the social, cultural, and political landscapes. Everything I read is potentially research for the books, and I become aware of things happening, things potentially happening, and events that almost happen. When something real does occur, it can look as if I predicted it in a book.

 

I’ve discovered that this can even happen when I’m in the middle of a manuscript. 

 

To continue reading, please see my post today at Dancing Priest.

 

Photograph by Andreas Brunn via Unsplash. Used with permission.

No comments: