I’ve spent a few weeks reflecting on my incredibly short, and incredibly long, eight months with St. Louis Public Schools. What began with the strangest job interview I ever had, the weirdest first day on the job, and the ongoing chaos of every single day ended with a very quiet farewell.
In previous jobs in corporate communications, I’d experienced periods of media blitzes and controversies. But I’d never experienced a job in which every day was a media blitz, every day was a controversy, and I had to work and publicly communicate in a highly political environment where it was difficult to know who was telling the truth, whose information was accurate, and who was trying to help or merely trying to gain an edge on an opponent.
To continue reading, please see my post today at Dancing Priest.
Photograph: St. Louis Public Schools headquarters building by St. Louis Public Schools.
Some Wednesday Readings
6 Enjoyable Ways to Read Classic Novels –or Pretty Much Anything – Joel Miller at Miller’s Book Review.
Goodness Will Come Back for You – Lara d’Entremont at A Mother Held.
Of Steamrollers and Hummingbirds – Andrew Roycroft at New Grub Street.
Swan Upping on the Thames – Spitalfields Life.

No comments:
Post a Comment