Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Poetry of Hope

I was reading D.S. Martin's Kingdom Poets blog, and learned that Martin was the editor of Wipf and Stock Publishers Poetry Poiema Series. And he had a new volume coming out -- Six Sundays Toward a Seventh: Spiritual Poems by Sydney Lea. It was the first volume Lea had published since 2006, and it was a collection of his spiritual poems -- poems of faith -- from a lifetime of writing poetry. I was hooked, and I bought it.

And then I read it.

To see what I learned, please visit my post today at The Master's Artist, "The Poetry of Hope."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the comment area was closed at the m.a.

i enjoyed the poem along that came along with your good post.

Anonymous said...

ugh...that was certainly well written...hey?

S. Etole said...

Enjoyed the visit over there.

Jerry said...

Thanks Glynn...just ordered it...He has a Wendell Berry flavor to him...At least what I read so far.

Louise Gallagher said...

Glynn, you always inspire me to read beyond my comfort zone.

Thank you!