Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday Good Reads: My Nightstand


I’m taking a bit of a different tack today, and looking at my nightstand. I have a pile of books either waiting to be read or in some stage of reading -- some for work, some for articles I’m working on for The High Calling and TweetSpeak Poetry, some for research for my own literary endeavors, and even a few for pleasure.

Can Poetry Matter? by Dana Gioia. And a collection of his poems entitled Pity the Beautiful.



Descent: Poems by Kathryn Stripling Byer.

The Wishing Tomb: Poems by Amanda Auchter.





The Deeper Journey by Robert Mulholland.

APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur, by Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch.

Booked: Literature in the Soul of Me, by Karen Swallow Prior.

The Crystal Scepter by C.S. Lakin.

Maybe these aren’t on my nightstand. Maybe they are my nightstand.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

I wish my stack was that nice and neat. Thanks for the encouragement. A Light Shining is on the way to my doorstep!

Maureen said...

Some real heft here.

Will be interested to know what you think of 'The Wishing Tomb', which you know I reviewed.

Gioia's 'Pity the Beautiful' is a lovely collection.

Jody Lee Collins said...

Glynn, balance a coffee cup on top of it all and yes, you have a nightstand.

I'm looking forward to the 'Booked' discussion on the High Calling. I am thoroughly enjoying it--Karen has some deep thoughts on many different subjects.