Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Good Reads: Non-Fiction I’m Not Recommending for Christmas


I’ve covered poetry, and then fiction, and now it’s time to list the non-fiction books I’m not recommending for Christmas. I’m not recommending them because I’m always uncomfortable when people tell me what to read (or buy me books). So I list the best books I’ve read this year, but make it clear I’m not recommending them.


Letters to Heaven by Calvin Miller.







The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer.

Grace for the Race by Dena Dyer.



The Exact Place by Margie Haack.






Related:



Photograph by Francisco Farias Jr. via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

3 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Love your list of "non-recommendations" in all your posts, Glynn. As I've enjoyed several bloggers' reflections on The Pursuit of God, I'm placing that at the top of my wish list. :)
Blessings, my friend!

Maureen said...

Am pleased to say I have read some of your non-recommendations.

Jody Lee Collins said...

And tell me again why you're NOT recommending books? I forgot?
And I'm ignoring your suggestions--well at least the ones I haven't read, like Rumors of Water.)