Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Walk with William Wordsworth



I walk with William Wordsworth
as he walks his field, his field
of daffodils, a yellow sea
moving in the wind invisible.
I walk with William Wordsworth,
and I ask him who planted
this yellow sea waving
in the wind, these ten thousand
thrusting beauty upwards. He
didn’t speak, he answered
with a smile, his last.

This poem is submitted to Open Link Night at dVerse Poets. To see more posts, please visit the site. The links will be live at 2 p.m. Central time today.

Photograph by Petr Kratochvil via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

7 comments:

Jerry said...

*love. :)

H. Gillham said...

A college professor of mine just gushed over WW, and it wasn't until I was older than I appreciated his poetry.

Why is that?

Rhetorical.

Thanks for taking me back --

S. Etole said...

a lovely smile it was ...

Laurie Kolp said...

Love this, Glynn- Each word you have written is wonderful and wispy.

Brian Miller said...

nice...would be a cool walk to take...and into beauty...ha, i like his response to you as well...

Unknown said...

When I read many of the greats... Mary Oliver, Billy Collins, Wordsworth, Rumi, Ghandi... I feel as if they are talking to me, as if we are conversing. Your poem reminds me of such times.

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/04/09/complete-package/

Steven Marty Grant said...

Beautiful poem Glynn