Sunday, April 6, 2014

Son of Nun

I am Son of Nun, Joshua. I serve
the most high by serving
the servant. It is my call to serve
the servant. Voices awaken me
before the dawn; I do not
understand the cloud, not yet,
although I know its composition,
its essence, its ability to sear
the soul. I stand outside
its envelope; I bow at the tent door,
facing outward, facing away.
It is my service to face away; I am
a spear, a sword, a shield. The cloud
is next to me; I hear the murmuring
of the voice. The cloud is behind me,
embracing the servant. I dare not fix
my gaze upon it,
on its brilliance.

Photograph by Sheila Dane via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.


nance.mdr said...

serve by serving the servant
that caught me by surprise

diana said...

Love this. I've always been struck by Joshua's faithfulness at the door of the tent - perfect capture. Thank you.