Saturday, August 9, 2014

I asked John


I asked John
when did you hear
the first trumpet
the first voice
through the open door
did you pause and consider
running back to the cave
the cave atop the island
in the sea

I heard the voice he said
I heard the voice
there was no choice
I walked through the door
to see and hear
be blinded and deafened
so I could see and hear

I asked John
what did you see

A white dove
in a red sky soaring
in expressed light
a twig in its mouth
a twig of deliverance
from the unknown


Photograph by Lydia Woomer via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission. 

3 comments:

Doug Spurling said...

...from the unknown

And yet the Known
for He said:

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord.’ For they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,” saith the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

(Jeremiah 31:34)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Amazing take on Revelation, Glynn. Beautiful!

diana said...

Love this! Poem and picture. Thank you.