Thursday, October 23, 2014

We move into a place


We move into a place
we do not know
to learn what it is
and who lives here

who thinks, talks, believes
in unfamiliar ways
in unknown ways
often misunderstood

we abide
we abide in the heart
  the only heart that knows
  the only heart who knows

what is is
what it is to be
not one of us
but one of us

a stranger and alien
so consumed by love
the he accepts
nails
gall
piercing
death

I look at my hands
  and consider nails
I feel my thirst
  and consider gall
I touch my side
  and consider piercing
I see my life
  and consider death

and so I abide
I abide


Image by George Hodan via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission. 

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

"we abide
we abide in the heart
the only heart that knows
the only heart who knows"

We reside and abide, and all we will ever be is secure and safe in His mercies. Without this knowledge, I know I could not live in hope and faith.
If I cannot abide in His heart, I have nothing.
Blessings, Glynn!