Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Please Pray

Last night, my daughter-in-law went into the hospital to start the induction process for childbirth. We had been out to dinner with her, her mother and my son, and then had gone to the hospital to check things out. About 11:40, my daughter-in-law called and said that my son had passed out, hit the back of his head and was in the hospital's emergency room.

Back to the hospital. He was disoriented but could talk. He was taken for a CT scan, and it was determined he had a subdural hematoma on the back of his head -- a hemorrhage. Fortunately, it was small. We waited for what seemed an eternity for the decision of whether to proceed with surgery or not. The neurosurgeon finally decided it was small enough to watch and do another CT scan today. My son is much more lucid this morning, according to my daughter-in-law.

She's waiting for her doctor, to determine whether to proceed with the induction. At 3 a.m., when she, her mother and I were in the intensive care unit room with my son, the maternity nurse arrived to say my daughter-in-law was being discharged at 6 a.m. because "that's what the doctor said." Which doctor actually said that is unknown, however.

I'm off to the hospital. I'll try to provide updates via Twitter.

Please pray.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a frustrating and scary experience for your family. I will be playing for your son and for the entire situation. Not what you expected today. :(

Maureen said...

My prayers are for all of you, Glynn.

Corinne Cunningham said...

Oh Glynn...
Praying for all involved.

Missy K said...

Bowing my head now, praying for healing, for clear thinking in the midst of overwhelm, for peace for all hearts concerned. . .

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm definitely holding you before God right now. I'm looking forward to hearing how He works everything out.

On the positive side, your grandchild will have a dramatic story about how he was born to tell for the rest of his life.

Anonymous said...

prayer and Love

Billy Coffey said...

Prayers offered, Glynn.

Helen said...

Praying for you, your son, daughter in law, and grandchild.

Melissa_Rae said...

Praying for all involved!

Bonnie Gray said...

I am praying, Glynn.

S. Etole said...

yes ... and amen

Louise Gallagher said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

katdish said...

Praying, Glynn.

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes.

(so sorry to hear of this difficulty during your time of joy)