Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Good Reads

My list of “good reads” today is shorter than last Saturday’s, and they were all posted before Tuesday evening. Then came the almost simultaneous labor for my daughter-in-law and head injury requiring surgery for my son, the father-to-be. Life is slowly returning to normal, or becoming a “new normal.” And I’m already becoming a bore on the subject of my new grandson.

Poetry

Phoenix-Karenee’s poem, “Wordless Vision.”

Maureen Doallas’ beautiful poem "Anne," about Anne Frank.

Laura Boggess’ poem in her Sunday Sermon Notes.

The End of Innocence by Justinian at Discount Verbiage.

Shadow, Jezamama’s walk along a lake, a story and a poem.

Prose

It is Home,” by Marty Duane at Coffee with Marty.

A Gun, for Goodness Sake,” by Jeff Jordan at To My Children, If They Are Listening.

Should the Message be Hidden?” A guest post by author Randy Ingermanson at Brandilyn Collins’ blog.

Engagers of Separatists?” by Mike Duran at deompose

Columbia Journalism Review: “Who Says? Narrative Authority in a Fragmented World.”

Author Travis Thrasher on criticism: “Everybody’s a Critic.”

And finally…

While this isn’t a post about me, I do want to call attention to an article I wrote for the High Calling Blogs, which was published Friday. It’s about a business called Transformational Threads, owned by my friend Maureen Doallas (yes, the poet) that is all about a passion for art.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post.
and we love hearing about your grandson.

Maureen said...

Such wonderful reads, indeed.

Thank you for the shout-out, Glynn. My husband liked your article a lot.

Indebted.

S. Etole said...

new grandson stories are always welcome ... as well as your recommendations