Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Good Reads

At first I thought this was going to be an all-poetry edition, and then the prose writers started firing up. Here's just a little bit of the good things I found to read and see this past week.

Prose

Love Discerns” by Ted Gossard at Jesus Community.

What Is Your Church’s Strength?” and "Thrill Ride" by Fatha Frank at Public Christianity.

On the Edge of Me” and “I Dare Me” by Michael Perkins at Untitled.

Capitulating to Can’t” by Milton Brasher-Cunningham at Don’t Eat Alone.

Good Roots, Strong Tree” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Platform Diving” by Jeanne Damoff for The Master’s Artist.

I Remember Better When I Paint” by Maureen Doallas at Writing Without Paper.

Motherhood Musings” by L.E. Fiore at Salt-Rain Tidings.

When We Are Not Enough” by David Griffith for The Image Journal.

Reaching Hearts Through Horror” by Mike Delosso at Christian Fiction Online Magazine.

God Talk in the Office” by Michelle DeRusha at Graceful.

Slow Down, You Crazy Child” by Kathy Richards.

The Other Side of Freedom” by Billy Coffey.

What Is Marriage?” by Anne Lang Bundy for Bullets & Butterflies.

Why Am I Here?” by Ed Cyzewski at In a Mirror Dimly.

The Best News You’ll Read All Day” by Jennifer Dukes-Lee at Getting Down with Jesus.

Poetry

7:25” for his own blog and “Sunken Dreams” for One Stop Poetry by Pete Marshall.

Through and Through” by Nancy Rosback at Poems and Prayers.

House of Cards” by Carrie Burtt at Hope Whispers.

Stand Up Straight” and “Every Good Thing” by Marcus Goodyear at Good Word Editing.

The Puppet” by Anthony Souls at The Art Comet.

August Poem: All in a Dream” by Bob at Wilderness Fandango.

Wholeness” by Justinian at Delight and Glory and Oddity and Light.

Don’t Know What to Say” by Lesley Moon at Moondustwriter.

Stinking Fish & Bullets” by Brian Miller at WayStationOne.

In fatuation” by Laura Boggess at The Wellspring.

Coastal Times” by Fred Sprinkle at I Force It to Rhyme.

Clean” by Sandra Heska King.

Soulfruit” by Rob Kistner at Image & Verse.

Empathy” by Lorenzo at Crowned With Laurels.

Paintings and Photographs

Storm Over Government Island – More Progress,” oil on paper by Randall David Tipton.

Sunday Morning” by Jessica McGuire at Jezamama.

The Cross Sound Leaves New London” by Steve Gravano at Take a Look Around.

Like an Apple” by ELK at Red or Gray.

Photograph: "Lamp" by Nancy Rosback. Used with permission.

11 comments:

Marshy said...

thanks glynn...i always get excited to see what piece has made your saturday good reads...cheers pete

Michelle DeRusha said...

Thanks, Glynn. You know, you are a great guy to do all this blog reading all week and then take the time to link to posts every Saturday. So thoughtful -- and much appreciated!

H. Gillham said...

Once again. I thank you.

Michael said...

Thank you again for this. You have no idea how much I appreciate you.

Laura said...

Thank you, Glynn! That little piece was done for Emily's Imperfect Prose--participating there has really freed me up a bit. I understand a little more why you are gravitating more and more to writing poetry.

Maureen said...

Great reads in "Good Reads".

Thank you for including me. Much appreciated. ~ M

Anonymous said...

fantaszztic list!
i sure do like being part of such a community of wonderful folks.
thanks for bringing it together every saturday.

as mr. rogers would say (and i Loved Mr. Rogers) "you are special"

Anonymous said...

Great stuff... thanks, Glynn.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Thanks, Glynn! And thanks for introducing us to wonderful people and bloggers.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Thank you for including me here, Glynn.

I appreciate the second chance your Saturday Good Reads provide. I have no hope to read everything that passes through my RSS feed, and probably catch about half of it. But on weekends, your Saturday post is a great way to highlight items for me to take another look at. This time, I especially liked Louise Gallagher's piece on the trees. (How did I miss that one the first time around?)

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Glynn,

My thanks for including me in your roundup of posts. I'm honored.