Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Good Reads

From homage to a mother-in-law and a bicycle accident to searching for England and a Hallelujah video, it was a good week online for prose, poetry, photography and paintings.

Prose


A Hope Burden” by Laura Boggess at The Wellspring.

Noting good is useless, especially the Sunday matinee” and “Sound your barbaric yap over the links of the network” by Marcus Goodyear at Good Word Editing.

Harvesting Fog” by Peggy Rosenthal for The Image Journal.

She Shined” and "Wheeling Meals" by Michelle DeRusha at Graceful.

Coming Up for Air” by Duane Scott at Scribing the Journey.

We Are the Tea Party” by John Mark Reynolds at The Scriptorium.

The Better Story” by Kelly Foster for The Image Journal.

Stay Hungry” by Kathy Richards.

Back Pain and Splashing Paints” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Head Over Heels” by Scott Couchenour at Serving Strong.

If God Can Do That” by Charity Singleton at Wide Open Spaces.

Losing What’s Important” by Billy Coffey.

Confronting My Poverty” by David Griffith for The Image Journal.

Poetry

A Hard Fall” by Steven Marty Grant at Urbanality.

Spring Song Reprise: Thank you Lucy Shaw for nudging me awake” by Jerry Barrett at Under the Door Frame.

We Treat Them Like Lepers” by Michael Perkins at Untitled.

On the Scene” by Maureen Doallas at Writing Without Paper.

Desensitized, we” and “My pen, my sword” by Brian Miller at WayStationOne.

In Search of Albion” by Pete Marshall.

Found” by Karen Eck at Karenee Art.

Random Acts” by Nancy Rosback at Poems and Prayers.

And Another One Does” by Kathleen Overby at Almost Paradisical.

Word Play” by Melissa at All the Words.

"Not Moved" by Jay Cookingham at Soulfari.

Paintings and Photographs

Joy” and “Modus Operandi” by Nancy Rosback at Poems and Prayers.

As We Walk” by ELK at Red or Gray.

Ashleigh-Todd” by Kelly Sauer at A Restless Heart.

Light in the Forest,” oil on canvas by Randall David Tipton.

Video

Hallelujah,” video by three friends (Jodi Irvine, Alana Lincoln and Morgan Keesler), from “Why we need to sing the hard hallelujah” by Ann Voskamp at Holy Experience.
 

 
Photograph: Lamp by Nancy Rosback. Used with permission.

7 comments:

H. Gillham said...

I'll start at the top and make my way through, but I treated myself to the video first. :)

Hallelujah. Amen.

Morning, Glynn.

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Glynn: I cheated and am wasted. I watched the video first. Have to admit that I never got beyond that. Thanks for sharing this. What a powerful song!!

Unknown said...

Bro' I'm not sure why but thank you for including my poem among so many other great ones! Love the song!

Maureen said...

The posts at Image Journal were particularly fine this week.

I've loved the Cohen "Hallelujah" since hearing it for the first time.

Lots of wonderful written gifts this week.

Thank you for including "On the Scene".

Michael said...

Wow. Thank you again.

The song is amazing.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Nice roundup.

Michelle DeRusha's pieces were among my weekly faves, too.

S. Etole said...

Once again I thank you for doing this for all of us ... I have some serious catching up to do!