Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Journey I Didn't Expect


With all the upheaval in the publishing industry because of ebooks, at least one positive development has resulted: we have the opportunity to read things we might not have otherwise.

A case in point: my Kindle version of Wessex Poems and Other Verses by Thomas Hardy. Kindle price: free, part of the volunteer project to convert old books to digital format in a literary “creative commons” effort. (It’s still free, by the way.)

I wouldn’t have ordinarily been looking for this in a bookstore or even at Amazon, but I saw a link, clicked on it, and downloaded.

And I started a journey I didn’t expect at all.

To continue reading, please see my post today at Tweetspeak Poetry

2 comments:

Vivid Mirror said...

sounds like something great to read!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Yes! I've done the same, Glynn.