Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Good Reads



Richard Beck asks, “Is our God too big?” Charity Singleton provides an update on her radiation treatments (what I would call a profile in courage). A myth about a “kelpie,” told poetically. The prairie in autumn. And Vera Lynn (now 92) sings one of what I think is the most romantic songs ever (OK, so I’m a schmuck, but I’m a romantic schmuck).

Prose

Your God is Too Big” by Richard Beck at Experimental Theology.

Basements” by Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today.

Radiation: Day 17” by Charity Singleton at Wide Open Spaces.

18 Inches North” by Jennifer Dukes-Lee at Getting Down with Jesus.

Stopping and Seeing” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Christian Inspiration” by Jake Lee at Very Much Later.

Teresa of Avila would be proud” by Kathy Robbins at robbinswrites.

For when we wonder if we’re gonna be okay,” by Duane Scott at Scribing the Journey.

Can I forgive sharp teeth?” by Karin Fendick at Flickers of a Faitful Firefly.

Poetry

It is not Vertigo” by Michael Dodaro at Lyric Arts Forum.

Hope” by Rob Kistner at Image & Verse.

Vladimir Solovyov” by D.S. Martin at Kingdom Poets.

The Bad Cook” by Maureen Doallas at Writing Without Paper.

Under New Management” by Lorenzo at Crowned with Laurels.

The Kelpie of Corryvreckan” by Brendan MacOdrum at Oran’s Well.

When the Poet is Sane” by Heather Truitt at Madame Rubies.

It’s All Grace” by Laura Boggess at The Wellspring.

Answer” by Duane Carter at Songs from the River.

The fall, of kings” by Brian Miller at WayStationOne.

Paintings and Photographs

Rays Over the Atlantic” by Steve Gravano at Take a Look Around.

Water’s Art” and “Fall on Sugar Creek” by Tim Good at Photography by Tiwago. Also see his set of seven photos entitled “The Autumn Prairie.”

New Growth from Ancient Roots” by J of India at neither Use Nor Ornament.

Across the fields” by Randall David Tipton at Painter’s Process.

Smilin” by Susan Etole at Just…A Moment.

The Sunrise Shadow of Mt. Rainer” by American Digest.

Four hobbits have a 10-year reunion,” via Andrew Piper at 22 Words.

Short Stories

Videos and Podcasts

I’ll be seeing you” by Vera Lynn.

By Invitation Only” by Jay Cookingham at Soulfari.

Compilations” by Failarmy.


Painting: Autumn Woods by David Wagner via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

6 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

I love how your Saturday good Reads fill my morning with new voices and old friends and stir my imagination.

Thanks!

PS -- I had a visitor at my blog who found me through your Tweet yesterday. Thank you!

Kathy Robbins said...

Thank you for the mention, Glynn.

Maureen said...

Thank you for including "The Bad Cook" poem.

Charity and I have connected via FB, and I've been reading her posts. I especially enjoyed the one you single out today; it's strong and honest, and an accurate picture of what goes on in the radiation waiting room.

Brian Miller said...

thank you for the honor, among friends...and great artists. Hope you have an amazing Saturday!

Anonymous said...

i like the song "i'll be seeing you." it's one of the songs of that time and that i am glad were written. songs of my parent's generation, and so i am familiar with the them and enjoy them.

autumn woods is a very colourful image. very nice.

good visit, good company.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Any Saturday that I get the opportunity to sit down with your "Good Reads" is a good Saturday, Glynn. : )