Monday, January 16, 2012

As he made me



As he made me, knitted,
constructed, assembled
all the disparate parts
with wondrous skill;

as he made me
in secret, in those
earthen depths, those
deep and hidden places;

as he touched my face
with light and felt
the contours of my cheeks
and chin, and sculpted
my hands and feet;

as he saw me and what
he had made me to be,
a song was sung,
a song of unspeakable joy.

Light breaks through
stained glass, shining
on my face.

This poem is submitted for the Warrior Poets Circle hosted by Jason Stasyszen at Connecting to Impact. To see more poems submitted on the theme of “unspeakable joy,” please visit Jason’s site.

Photograph: Underwater Light by Petr Kratochvil via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

The care and joy of creation resound in your poem.

S. Etole said...

So wonderfully made!

Anonymous said...

Oh how He love us and cares so deeply for our every need. Beautiful, Glynn. Thank you.

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful expression of joy my brother!

Louise Gallagher said...

Lovely, Glynn. So joyful and full of life and creation.

Sheila said...

Fearfully and wonderfully.

Amen.

caryjo said...

Very nice. VERY, very....

diana said...

I love this, Glynn. It speaks to that foundational truth - the one that comes before anything else: God saw what he created...human creatures...and he said, "Good! Very good!" And I truly do believe that's what salvation is really all about - God seeing that goodness underneath the mess we make of it and stooping to salvage it. Just lovely. Thank you.