Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Good Reads

I've been traveling for most of this week, and not able to read as much as I usually do. But you don't have to look far to find good stuff -- from Big Mama's kitchen, a love letter to a husband and 14 questions from a balcony to sermon notes as poems and the cover art for the new book of poems by Maureen Doallas.

Prose

A Deafening Silence” by Ed Blonski at True Men Ministries.

Choosing my own reality” by Kathy Richards at Katdish.

Big Mama’s Kitchen” by Deidra Riggs at Jumping Tandem.

Contractions” by Doug Spurling at Spurling Silver.

When It Doesn’t Make Sense” by Jeff Dunn at Internet Monk.

Humanimals” by Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today.

Love: Fits Me Best” by Jessica McGuire at Jezamama.

Peace I Leave You” by Marty Duane Scott at Scribing the Journey.

Becoming Child-Like: Are We?” by Marshall Jones Jr. at Bond Christian.

A Love Letter” by Claire Burge at Claire B.

14 Balcony Questions” by Scott Couchenour at Serving Strong.

Wrecked” by Erin Kilmer at Together for Good.

It’s Personal” by Jay Cookingham at Soulfari.

From Here to There” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Visibility” by Brock Henning at LifeSummit.

Poetry

Tears in a Jar” by David Brydon.

Most Winter Nights” by Lorenzo at Crowned with Laurels.

Every Breath is a Second Chance” by David Rupert at Red-Letter Believers.

He was not mine…” by B.K. McKenzie at Signed…BKM.

I Fall. Fearless. In Love.” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Aftermath” and “Tides” by Steven Marty Grant at Urbanality.

The Story of Fire” by Bob Spencer at Wilderness Fandango.

As a Pack” by Jim Schmotzer at The Faithful Skeptic.

Let Us Live in Your Hands” by Michael Perkins at Untitled.

I Don’t Know” by Jerry Barrett at Under the Door Frame.

Sermon Notes Poetry: Isaiah 49:1-7” by L.L. Barkat at Love Notes to Yahweh.

Suspire” by Melissa at All the Words.

Paintings and Photographs

Matt & Marsae – She Said Yes” by Kelly Sauer at A Restless Heart.

A Morning Walk” by Steven Gravano at Take a Look Around.

Winter Bones” and “Communication” by Susan Etole at Just…A Moment.

The Heavens Declare” by Harriett Gillham at The Other Side of the Mountain.

Road” by Nancy Rosback at Nance Marie.

Art on the Cover” by Maureen Doallas (and Randall David Tipton) at Writing Without Paper.

Photograph: Lamp by Nancy Rosback. Used with permission.

9 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

So much wonder to explore!

thank you for including me in your Saturday reads.

Hugs

Louise

L.L. Barkat said...

Thanks for the link, my fellow sermon-notes subversive poet. :)

Maureen said...

Great compilation, as always. And you said you didn't read so much this week!

So pleased to see the shout-out for Lorenzo. His blog is wonderful and the one he writes with Ruth, A Year With Rilke, is splendid.

Thank you for the shout-out of Art on the Cover. I'm thrilled with Randall's work.

Unknown said...

Your list are like my local library dude! Thanks for including my humble post!

Kelly Sauer said...

Wow, there is some seriously good stuff I've missed this week!

Thanks for including me - that session was awesome!

Laura said...

Oh, my goodness, if this is a short list, I am amazed. Tons of good reading here. I'm so behind and I haven't even been traveling. just life. It's just life.

Brock S. Henning said...

Thanks for the highlight, Glynn, and for all the good reads!

Anonymous said...

Glynn,
Really enjoying these weekly roundups and it gives me a good chance to read some other great writers.
Thanks for doing this, it is a great thing you do.

S. Etole said...

Appreciate being included here ... and I always look forward to some of these that I have missed.