Tuesday, January 10, 2023

It’s Poetry at Work Day 2023!


In 2014, I hit a wall at work. I was marginalized. I was being paid for work far below my experience and capabilities. Wanting to get up in the morning was increasingly problematic. I made attempts to move to other positions, including one major attempt, but the job was handed off to someone who was a problem in an unrelated division whom they need to move somewhere. The individual was told to come to me for guidance and mentoring.  

It wasn’t the first wall I’d ever encountered in my career, but it was the last one. In the early fall, I told my boss I was retiring in May. Surprisingly, to me at least, the news was not received well. It wasn’t that I was irreplaceable in my job; the work was easy and unchallenging. I never learned why my boss and others were so upset.


To continue reading, please see my post today at Tweetspeak Poetry.

No comments: