Sunday, October 4, 2026

Is this the One?


After Luke 3:1-22
 

They hear the words

searing their hearts.

Their experience

the simplicity of

the words turning

their hearts. They

ask the obvious:

is this the One?

 

They ask, they feel

his gaze on them.

I am not, he says.

I baptize with water;

he will baptize with

the spirit. 

He is mightier than I;

I am not worthy 

to untie his sandals.


He will baptize 

with fire,

his winnowing fork

in his hand, cleaning 

the threshing floor,

gathering the crop,

bringing the wheat

into his barn,

the chaff to be burned.

 

Photograph by Dyu-Ha via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Sunday Readings

 

From Scotland to the Ends of the Earth – John Ross at Desiring God.

 

The Problems with So Much More: A Critique and an Apology – Botkin Sisters.

 

Reflections on Steve Larson’s Latest Book – Mark Jones at Reformation 21.

 

Why Does Life Seem to Move Faster as We Get Older? – Brad Hambrick.

 

The Mercy of God When Formulas Fail – Kirsten Black at Gospel-Centered Discipleship.

No comments: