Friday, February 16, 2024

It is not the stars


After Psalm 131, for Clay Smith
 

It is not the stars

to which I lift my eyes.

It is not the sun that

warms my frozen heart.

It is not the moon that

lights my way at night.

It is not the marvel,

the great, that

occupies my mind.

 

Instead,

 

I sit in the quiet.

I repose in the calm.

I listen in the silence.

I place my hope

in the one who surrounds me.

I place my heart

in the one who saved me.

I place my soul

in the one who loves me.

 

Photograph by Khamkéo Vilaysing via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Friday Readings

 

Holy Ghost: Fifty Holy Wells, #19 – Paul Kingsnorth at The Abbey of Misrule.

 

Elijah and the Widow – poem by Kristina Erny at Kingdom Poets (D.S. Martin).

 

When Goodbye is Forever – Tim Challies.

 

‘Blue Squills’ by Sara Teasdale – Sally Thomas at Poems Ancient and Modern.

 

The Poet’s Good Pen – poem by Michael Charles Maibach.

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

You have outdone yourself with this one, Glynn. What a wonderful way to start my day!
Blessings!