Friday, February 2, 2024

On the way to Jerusalem


A song after Psalm 121
 

On my way to Jerusalem,

Jerusalem, Jerusalem,

on my way to Jerusalem,

I will sing my song.

 

I lift my eyes on the way,

I see the hills on the way,

I sing my song on the way,

on the way to Jerusalem.

 

He does not sleep on my way,

he does not slumber on my way,

he does not sleep on my way,

on the way to Jerusalem. 

 

He is the shadow on my right hand,

on the way, on the way;

he is the shadow on my right hand,

on the way to Jerusalem.

 

He watches over me in the day

he watches over me in the night,

he protects me from all evil things,

on the way to Jerusalem. 

 

Photograph by Dariusz Kanclerz via Unsplash used with permission.


Some Friday Readings

 

Astounded and amazed: A sermon on a reading on Mark 1 – Dan King at Bibledude.

 

363 – poem by Petrarch at Kingdom Poets (D.S. Martin). 

 

Is the Book of James Really ‘An Epistle of Straw’? – Michael Kruger at Canon Fodder.

 

Plato’s Big Mistake – Louis Markos at The Imaginative Conservative.


A Sonnet for Candlemas -- Malcolm Guite.

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love this poem, Glynn! I feel the need to put it to music, and I think I will.
Blessings!