Friday, June 17, 2016

Dialogue


After Habakkuk 1:1-11

Complaint:

Why me lord why me
why do you make me
see the wrong
see the injustice hate it
with my very soul
why me, why make me
speak the words
to the injustice
this saturation of evil
darkness you tolerate it
and make me speak

Answer:

I bring a wind a desert wind
a dry searing wind to flatten
and abrade grains of sand
whipping across faces hot
and tearing it is coming
from afar, horsemen upon
steeds of death destroying
the wind comes burning
a heated flames comes


Photograph by Lynn Greyling via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

May I not be afraid to look evil in the eye and call it what it is. May I be at peace with how the Lord shall respond, even as it purges my soul from superflous sentiments. (Superflous sentiments credited to Rose Wolfe @ livingfreewithdisabilities@wordpress.com)
Great poem Glynn