Friday, August 30, 2024

The calling, at the end


After I Corinthians 7:17-24
 

Inventory time:

Did you honor me

  with the skills and

   talents I gave you?

Did you honor the parents,

   the teachers, the pastors,

   the authorities I placed

   into your life?

Did you use the skills

   and talents I gave you

   to provide for your family?

Did you use the skills

   and talents I gave you

   to promote the public good?

Were my people’s legitimate

   prayers answered

   through you?

 

Photograph by Charles Deluvio via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Friday Readings

 

Lamplight – poem by Andrew Lansdown at Kingdom Poets (D.S. Martin).

 

The Maker – poem by Seth Lewis.

 

The Biggest Evangelical Divide Is No Longer Between Wesleyans and Calvinists – Nicholas McDonald at The Bard Owl.

 

Igniting Hope: MLK’s Powerful Washington March Address – Jason Clark ad This is the Day.

 

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Will we hear "Well done, good and faithful servant" at the end? Beautiful, Glynn!