Friday, July 1, 2022

On its head


After Matthew 5:43-48
 

Once again, you turn culture

on its head. Love my enemies?

Pray for my persecutors? Seriously?

Maybe you don’t know who

These people really are. They’re

Evil. They want to throw me

in prison, and worse. They

stay awake at night plotting

my destruction. They devise

news ways to destroy children

and call it education. They

dress up evil intentions and

evil acts with somber,

pious murmurs of equality

and equity. Like corporate CEOs

and other Pharisees, they love

to signal their virtues, implying

how sinful and ignorant the rest

of us are.

Pray for them?

Love them?

Are you kidding me?

 

Photograph by Bodisanal Boogie via Unsplash. Used with permission.

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I know, I know . . . Jesus asks so very much of us, Glynn.
It's good to be back, but I miss Virginia even more now than ever. Hope you and yours are doing well.