Friday, January 26, 2024

From my body


After 2 Samuel7:1-17
 

From my body 

will come 

the offspring 

who will lead

a kingdom.

His throne

will be set

forever.

He will be

disciplined, but

he will be loved 

always and forever. 

And through him,

my house will be 

established

forever and

all time. 

My throne

will last 

forever. And 

I know this

because he

has promised.

 

Photograph by Hasan Almasi via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Friday Readings

 

Prayer for Traversing the Eye – poem by Laura Reece Hogan at Kingdom Poets (D.S. Martin).

 

The Challenge of Choosing Between Bitter and Better – Seth Lewis.

 

Civility: Reading Each Other – Sarah Skwire at The Imaginative Conservative.

 

My Father – poem by Paul Wittenberg. 

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Because God promised, it will be so.
Blessings, Glynn!