Sunday, January 21, 2024

The promise


After 2 Samuel 7:1-17
 

I thought to build

him a house, but

he promised to build

me a dynasty.

 

He brought me from

the hillside, he set

me on a throne. I was

a shepherd of sheep; he

made me a shepherd

of a nation.

 

He made a promise to me;

he made a promise

to the nation. He will

make me a great name;

he will give the people

 

a place to dwell in.

And he will give me,

and he will give the people,

rest from our enemies.


Photograph by Benjamin Davies via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Sunday Readings

 

Dear ChatGPT Users – Ashley Kim at Sola Network.

 

Self is Boring: Even it its decline, “The Crown” gets it point across – Samuel James at Digital Liturgies.

Snørøyk – poem by Chris Wheeler at Rabbit Room Poetry.

An epiphany at Cana – poem by Malcolm Guite.

A prayer for businesses in your community – Dan King at Bibledude.

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

So many beautiful promises that David sees and gives thanks for.
Blessings, Glynn!