Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Rebellion of Belief



I didn’t intend to be a rebel
to upset the notions preconceived
and otherwise but that’s what
happened I guess I was part
party-animal part something serious
part something else hungry
starving in spirit life careening
which was ridiculous but it
appeared so normal but it wasn’t
like Frost’s diverging road instead
a downward spiral begun
but for reasons unknown even
to me I grabbed hold clinging
choosing to believe
and it was good


This poem is submitted to the “Art of Rebellion” prompt at dVerse Poets. To see more poems submitted, please visit the site.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grabbed hold clinging
choosing to believe
and it was good

loved his close...really liked the whole poem!...when our spirits stare we have to find something...let go of what we 'should' do and find our own ways...and this very well written poem spoke to me about this completely

Brian Miller said...

the sum of your parts is greater than...ha....a little wild spirit starved person is not a bad mix you know....

Louise Gallagher said...

This lovely poem resonates within my heart.

Thanks!

Laurie Kolp said...

Clinging on, choosing to believe... so significant, a lesson learned many times a little too late. Never give up the hope.

Anonymous said...

God probably came and grabbed you up by the scruff of the neck...

S. Etole said...

Reminds me a bit of the "hound of heaven" in pursuit of us.

Diana said...

Exactly. Thank you.