Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Poetry at Work: Beauty in the Workplace



If you were asked to identify or name three examples of beauty in your workplace, what would you say?

This would be my response:

I have an almost beautiful view from my office window. I used to look out over the smoking area. Then the campus went smoke free. Now I can see a large tree, a garden and a wooded area especially colorful ion the fall.

There is also a spectacularly beautiful mural in our cafeteria; huge photographic images of flowers and seashells dominate an entire wall. The wall opposite the mural is glass, lokking out to woods.

And in our conference center, a room called the parlor occupies the center of the building. It has beautiful paneling and lovely furniture (including antiques). Over the marble fireplace sits a painting on loan from the art museum. It is a quiet room, filled with beautiful things. And it’s only meant for sitting; no meetings can be scheduled there.

To continue reading, please see my post today at Tweetspeak Poetry

Photography by Petr Kratochvil via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

No comments: