Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"He Wants to See You. Now."


The phone rang. Focused on the words on my computer screen, I absentmindedly picked up the phone.

“He wants to see you.” 

“Now?” I asked.

“Now.”

I grabbed my suit coat (that’s what we wore in those days), made a mad dash down my building’s back stairs to the tunnel connecting all of the buildings on our campus. I surfaced in the executive building next store – a place of granite, art work, and polished wood bathed in toney silence. 

In corporate communication circles, I occupied one of the high positions – the CEO’s speechwriter. I had written for CEOs before him, and I would write for CEOs after him. But no one had the reputation this CEO did.

To continue reading, please see my post today at Christian Poets & Writers.

No comments: