Friday, September 1, 2023

I look a fool


After Jonah 3:10-4:11
 

I did what you told

me; I risked my life

to speak to these evil,

godless, vicious people.

I did it; I told them

what you told me would

come. I predicted their

city to be destroyed,

judgment to be rained 

down. They repented;

you spared them. I’m

a fool, a laughingstock,

never to be heeded

again.

 

Have pity, man.

Have compassion.

Not on yourself

but for the people

of this great city.

They heard you speak.

They heard your words.

They turned their hearts.

 

Photograph by Sander Sammy via Unsplash. Used with permission.


Some Friday Readings

 

The Dead Sea Will Live Again – Clint Archer at The Cripplegate.

 

Orphaned Widow – Patsy Kuipers at Back 2 the Garden.

 

Rediscovering the Joy of Writing: Six Lessons for a Lifelong Habit – Scott Hubbard at Desiring God.

 

Scorched – Reflection and poem by Louise Gallagher at Dare Boldly. 

 

Bookstore Tour: Transom is a Tarrytown Delight – L.L. Barkat at Tweetspeak Poetry. 

1 comment:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Love this, Glynn!
Blessings!