Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I Know My Platform Holds at Least 2 or 3 People


The year 2013 was not the easiest for me or my family. 

My mother had to be moved from her home of 58 years to a retirement home, which meant the “breaking up” of her house and the breaking up of where her three sons had spent most of their formative years. 

Work, normally a state a barely controlled chaos, dropped the “barely controlled” and went through severe regime change and was rather suddenly “under new management.” Work demands on my time escalated, and sharply.

I was trying to get a book manuscript completed (what was eventually published as Poetry at Work) and I know I was driving the editor frantic (on a good day) and off the cliff (on a bad day) as we struggled, or I struggled, to get it done. I was also trying to promote my second novel, A Light Shining, published right at the end of 2012. That was three books published in two years. 

I wasn’t thinking a lot about marketing and promotion.

To continue reading, please see my post today at Christian Poets & Writers

No comments: