Sunday, April 7, 2019

Lost and found


After Luke 15:11-32

I wandered through the store, myself
lost, looking for the lost and found,
seeking something I didn’t know,
something I didn’t know I’d lost, but
knowing the loss, the emptiness, the hole
in the doughnut, the hole in the heart.

Then: found. The window, the man
staffing the window, the man who saw me
coming, wandering, looking for what
I’d lost. He saw me coming from 
the other side of the store, and he called out,
shouting it’s here, what you’re seeking
is here, we have it, you found it.

My heart cracked. 
My heart filled.
The hole in the doughnut closed.

Photograph by Nathan Wright via Unsplash. Used with permission.

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow...that is deep. I love it...I have to let it sink in. I love the photo you chose to go with it. It would all fit very well with my blog title, "Closed Doors, Open Windows"... based on "When God closes a door, He opens a window". In this case, God opened the man's heart to close the empty space with His love... at least that is what came to me as I read it. Thank you.