Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks This Day


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm136:1

I live in a country where I am free to worship, free to speak, free to vote, free to pursue my dreams.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

I have a family through whom I have been immeasurably blessed: my wife Janet, my son Travis, my son Andrew, my daughter-in-law Stephanie, my daughter-in-law –to-be Jessica, my grandsons Cameron and Caden, and my grandson-to-be.

I have an extended family through whom I have been immeasurably blessed: my two brothers, my sister, their families, aunts, uncles, cousins and family by marriage.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

I have a faithful God, who has always met the needs of my family and always met my needs, even when I didn’t understand what those needs were.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 118:1

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on my country, for we are sinners.


Photograph by George Hodan via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eucharist (n.)
"sacrament of the Lord's Supper, the Communion," mid-14c., from Old French eucariste, from Late Latin eucharistia, from Greek eukharistia "thanksgiving, gratitude," later "the Lord's Supper," from eukharistos "grateful," from eu "well" (see eu-) + stem of kharizesthai "show favor," from kharis "favor, grace," from PIE root *gher- (5) "to like, want" (see hortatory). Eukharisteo is the usual verb for "to thank, to be thankful" in the Septuagint and Greek New Testament. Related: Eucharistic.

Maureen said...

Giving thanks for your friendship, Glynn. Blessings. May you continue to enjoy a bountiful table.