Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Good Reads


One of my favorite writers/poets is L.L. Barkat; to see why, read how she spends an un-writing morning. Nancy Rosback demonstrates the problem of whether I should classify something a photo or a poem. And Project Bandaloop shows you dancing like you’ve never seen dancing before. Lots of great stuff was online this past week.

Prose

The benefits of cross-generational contact” by Stephen Wang at Bridges and Tangents.

The Un-Writing Morning” by L.L. Barkat at Seedlings in Stone.

Book Review: Out of a Far Country” by Nikole Hahn at Nikole Hahn’s Journal.

Simple Pleasures” by Greg Sullivan at Sippican Cottage.


Sweeter” by Laura Boggess at The Wellspring.

When hope draws us” by Duane Scott at Scribing the Journey.

The woman who kept me warm” by Jennifer Dukes-Lee at Getting Down with Jesus.

None of that stuff matters” by David Rupert at Red-Letter Believers.

Lester’s Story” by Maureen Doallas at Writing Without Paper.

On Leaving the Front Yard” by Harriett Gillham at The Other side of the Mountain.

The Last Thing I’d Ever Write” by Billy Coffey at What I Learned Today.

Poetry

The Land of In-Between” by Kerry O’Connor at Skylover.

Because She Did and Does” by Robert Lee Brewer at My Name Is Not Bob.

I want to live in wonder” by Louise Gallagher at Recover Your Joy.

Five reasons” by B.K. Mckenzie at Signed…BKM.

Betsy Sholl” by D.S. Martin at Kingdom Poets.


All Saints Sonnet” by Milton Brasher-Cunningham at Don’t Eat Alone.

Speaking love through stitched lips” by Brian Miller at Way Station One.

Day of the Dead” by Lorenzo at Crowned with Laurels.

In the wind” by Nancy Rosback at A Little Somethin’.

Paintings and Photographs

Untitled Landscape,” watermedia on paper by Randall David Tipton at Painter’s process.

Autumn Fantasia” and “The Leaf” by Tim Good at Photography by Tiwago.

Double Rainbow over London” via Andrew Piper at 22 Words.

The Flame” by Nancy Rosback at A Little Somethin’.

Mistaken Identity” and “A Withered Fading” by Susan Etole at Just…A Moment.

Videos and Podcasts

Bosnia Tune” by Joseph Brodsky, read by Tom O’Bedlam at Spoken Verse.

OC Caprice” by Project Bandaloop.

Photograph: Church Painting by David Wagner via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

woot...happy to be int he company of some greats...and recognized by one as well...thank you glynn...

Louise Gallagher said...

I like what Brian said -- I agree!

And that video OC Caprice -- amazing!!!! I watched the Demo Reel afterwards -- they work on mountainsides and all sorts of amazing places. Incredible - thanks!

Maureen said...

Thank you for including "Lester's Story" in your round-up.

Nice to see Robert Lee Brewer's piece. I've enjoyed reading and reviewing his two recent chapbooks.

Such a restrained reading of the Brodsky poem!

Anonymous said...

Aw...thanks. Now I think I will visit those other places there. I've been wanting to visit new blogs. :o)

H. Gillham said...

:)

I'm humbled.

Anonymous said...

Toda raba

Duane Scott said...

Appreciated.

And shared list with my readers. :)

S. Etole said...

I'm way behind on reading this week so I am especially grateful for this!