Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scott Cairns: The Poet of Pilgrimage

When I attended the High Calling editorial team meeting and writers conference at Laity Lodge last month, I participated in the poetry workshop led by Scott Cairns, professor of English at the University of Missouri. I posted three articles on the workshop: the first day, the results of the overnight assignment, and a kind of summary and thank you to the participants.


Today, Christian Manifesto has posted my article on Scott – “The Poet of Pilgrimage,” in which I consider four of his works – two books of poetry, a memoir and a long essay. Take a look and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

S. Etole said...

Very well written and as usual it causes me to want to add another book to a growing list of ones you have recommended.