Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart psalm


A shy glance,
a small smile:
my heart is strung.

A quiet word,
a warming touch:
my heart is strung.

A heart is wrapped,
enveloped, tied,
willingly bound
in living oneness,
intimate silence,
outpost of heaven.

A tender look,
a sparkling eye:
my heart is strung.


This poem is submitted for today’s Warrior Poets Circle over at Jason Stayszen’s place, where the prompt is “heartstrings.” To see more poems based on the prompt, please visit Connecting to Impact.

The poem is for my wife Janet.

Photograph: Blood Red Hearts by Michael Meilen via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

10 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

This is beautiful Glynn. Beautiful!

S. Etole said...

how blessed she is ...

L.L. Barkat said...

This is so sweet, and how lightly it is tied and offered. :)

Unknown said...

Great...just great bro'

Anonymous said...

Love it. Thank you, Glynn.

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely beautiful.

Laura said...

I bet I know who holds the string...
tied with a bow. Happy Valentine's to you and your sweetie, Glynn. Your romance always inspires me to make mine a full one.

signed...bkm said...

What a beautiful romantic piece...love the third stanza...bkm

Sandra Heska King said...

You make beautiful music. Love this.

herbhalstead said...

"willingly bound
in living oneness"

awesome.