Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Writing is a Lot Easier than Editing


In late December, a story idea took possession of my head, and I began to write. The narrative flowed like it never had before with five previous novels. This one was different; its predecessors had been part of a series, while this one was a completely different story. 

On Feb. 18, I write this note in my writing log: “Reach 90,543 words. First draft is completed.” While I can’t say it was effortless, the writing of this story was surprisingly easy. I knew from the beginning how the story would end, and, working without an outline, I kept moving toward that end.

 

Then came the formal editing.

 

To continue reading, please see my post today at the ACFW Blog.


Photograph by Andrew Neel via Unsplash. Used with permission.

No comments: